Latest news from TUI
Sep 13 2019, 15:05 TUIA TUI News Ballot Special has already issued to workplaces. Click here to download. Ballot papers will be posted on Monday, September 16th. The deadline for return of completed ballot papers to the auditors is 5pm, Thursday, October 10th.
- International Climate Strikes - information for members TUI As you are aware, the Teachers' Union of Ireland is continuing its public support for the efforts of our student leaders in relation to the International Climate Strikes. As you are also aware, TUI Annual Congress 2019 reiterated the Union's support through the passing of Emergency Motion No. 1:
- TUI Credit Union - Online Survey & Scholarship Awards TUI The following news items have been provided by TUI Credit Union:
- Latest OECD report endorses work of Irish educators while highlighting funding deficit TUI The latest set of OECD international indicators – Education At A Glance 2019 – highlights the high quality work of Irish teachers and lecturers. The report also confirms the consistent failure of Government to appropriately fund education in Ireland.
- Revised procedures for dealing with illness benefit for PRSI Class A contributors TUI From the 1/9/2019 the Department of Education and Skills (DES), as payroll provider, introduced revised procedures in regard to the collection of illness benefit deductions from teachers, special need assistants and other staff paid on the payrolls operated by the Department. Click here for an …
- New to teaching? Download our special six page guide TUI Welcome to the teaching profession!
- New circular letter (54/2019) outlines details of leave schemes for registered teachers TUI The Department of Education and Skills has published Circular Letter 0054/2019 - 'Leave Schemes for Registered Teachers Employed in Recognised Primary and Post Primary Schools.'
- TUI to ballot members for industrial action mandate in pay discrimination campaign TUI The Teachers' Union of Ireland (TUI) will ballot its 18,000 members next month to renew a mandate for industrial action, up to and including strike action, as part of its campaign to end pay discrimination. The ballot will run from mid-September to early October. Speaking today, TUI President …
- New TUI News magazine will issue to workplaces in coming days TUI The first TUI News of the academic year - Vol 42 No 1 - will issue to workplaces in the coming days. The magazine includes: