Latest news from TUI
May 13 2019, 12:49 TUIOn Saturday, 18th May the trade union led Raise the Roof initiative will stage a mass rally in Dublin in protest at the ongoing and worsening housing emergency. The rally will start at Parnell Square at 1pm.
- Latest TUI News magazine - May 2019 - Volume 41 No 6 TUI Click here to download the May 2019 issue of TUI News.
- Schools' Climate Action Network - national meeting 11th May TUI A letter from TUI President, Seamus Lahart and General Secretary, John MacGabhann, regarding Climate Action – National Meeting 11th May and International Second Student Global Strike 24th May, has issued today. Click here to download.
- TUI President's response to Minister at Annual Congress TUI Click here to download extracts from TUI President Seamus Lahart's response to Minister Joe McHugh's address to Annual Congress on Wednesday, 24th April 2019.
- Strong focus on pay and pay equality in General Secretary's address to Annual Congress 2019 TUI TUI General Secretary John MacGabhann's Address to Annual Congress, Tuesday, 23rd April 2019
- Half of schools have unfilled teaching vacancies - new survey of principals highlights severe teacher recruitment and retention crisis TUI A new survey of principals and deputy principals in 120 of the country's second level schools illustrates continuing, severe teacher recruitment and retention difficulties.
- ‘30% student increase requires immediate action on third level funding' – TUI TUI The Teachers' Union of Ireland (TUI) has warned that a significant projected increase in the number of students in the country's third level institutions will greatly worsen the current crisis in the sector unless urgent action is taken.
- Third level members vote to accept proposal in relation to Phase 2 of Conversion Process for Hourly Paid Assistant Lecturers TUI TUI members in the Institutes of Technology/Technological Universities have voted by a margin of 87% to 13% to accept proposed arrangements in relation to Phase 2 of the Conversion Process for Hourly Paid Assistant Lecturers.
- National ballot on Phase 2 of the Conversion Process for Hourly Paid Assistant Lecturers (HPALs) - Executive Committee recommending 'YES' vote TUI