Latest news from TUI
TUI addresses Oireachtas on ensuring that schools are open in a manner which is safe and sustainable
Nov 19 2020, 13:41 TUIEnsuring that schools are open in a manner which is both safe and sustainable Opening statement to Oireachast Joint Committee on Education, Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation & Science from TUI General Secretary Michael Gillespie
- Joint statement on pay equality – TUI, ASTI and INTO TUI “The scandal of unequal pay continues to affect the teaching profession. Over the last decade each of our trade unions has sought to end this ongoing injustice and significant progress has been made.
- TUI calls for schools to close for Christmas break on Friday 18th December TUI The Teachers' Union of Ireland (TUI) has said that serious consideration should be given to closing schools for the Christmas break on the afternoon of Friday 18th December rather than on Tuesday 22nd December.
- Latest TUI News magazine - Volume 43, Number 2 TUI Click here to download the latest TUI News magazine, which will issue to workplaces later this week.
- Imminent increase in student numbers shows need for urgent, targeted funding at second level – TUI TUI The Teachers' Union of Ireland (TUI) today said that projections which show a significant increase in student numbers at second level in the coming years make clear the need for greatly increased, targeted investment in the sector. Speaking today, TUI General Secretary Michael Gillespie said: …
- Pre-Retirement seminar - Thursday, 19th November TUI TUI, in collaboration with Cornmarket have organised an online Pre-Retirement seminar for members. The event will take place on Thursday, 19th November from 5pm-7pm Click here to download a flyer with further information Click here to register for event
- Minister must provide certainty and confirm that customary State examinations will take place – TUI TUI The Teachers' Union of Ireland (TUI) has said that if the priority of Government is to keep schools open during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Union will not countenance or accept any attempt not to hold the traditional, highly trusted, externally-marked State Examinations in 2021. The Union notes …
- TUI support for Debenhams workers TUI The Teachers' Union of Ireland (TUI) extends its support to the Debenhams workers who are being unfairly denied the implementation of a collectively negotiated redundancy package. We echo the call of Mandate trade union for immediate, definitive action from the Taoiseach and the Government to …
- COVID-19 Additional TUI Questions & Responses from NPHET TUI In addition to TUI's the item posted on this website on 27th October (click here)and in the context of further engagement between the TUI and NPHET, the TUI President and General Secretary submitted further question to NPHET in relation to keeping schools open during COVID-19.