Latest news from SIPTU
Feb 20 2020, 17:34 SIPTUSIPTU representatives have today (Thursday, 20th February) confirmed that up to 500 home helps working in community and disability services across Dublin city and county have reached an agreement to have their pay restored and have deferred strike action planned for tomorrow (Friday, 21st February).
- SIPTU Mayo District Council to host ‘Stop67’ seminar in Castlebar on 26th February SIPTU SIPTU Mayo District Council will host a seminar on the Stop67 Campaign to prevent the increase of the state pension age, at 7.00 p.m. in Breaffy House Hotel, Castlebar on Wednesday, 26th February.
- Hundreds of SIPTU members working in Section 39 organisations set to strike on Friday SIPTU SIPTU Public Sector representatives have today (Wednesday, 19th February) confirmed that members in selected Section 39 organisations across the country will take strike action on Friday (21st, February) in an effort to resolve a dispute over pay restoration.
- SIPTU members in Sue Ryder Foundation in Carlow to conduct work stoppage SIPTU SIPTU members providing elderly care services at the Sue Ryder Foundation residential complex in Carlow, county Carlow, will conduct a one-day work stoppage on Tuesday (18th February), from 7.00 a.m. to 11.00 p.m., in a dispute concerning union recognition and several other workplace issues.
- SIPTU members in St Patrick’s Mental Health Services to strike on 14th February SIPTU SIPTU members in the catering and household departments of St Patrick’s Mental Health Services on James Street, Dublin 8, will commence an strike, in a dispute concerning the outsourcing of services, at 7.00 a.m. on Friday, 14th February.
- SIPTU members in St Patrick’s Mental Health Services to hold public protest tomorrow SIPTU SIPTU members in catering and household departments of St Patrick’s Mental Health Services on James Street, Dublin 8, will hold a public protest tomorrow (Friday, 7thFebruary) to highlight their vote for industrial action in a dispute concerning the outsourcing of services.
- Tens of thousands march in Dublin demanding a ‘new deal’ for childcare SIPTU More than 30,000 Early Years educators, providers and parents from across the country marched to demand a ‘new deal’ for the childcare sector at a colourful and vibrant protest march in Dublin, today (Wednesday, 5th February), which was led by mothers pushing their children in buggies.
- Thousands to march in Dublin demanding a ‘new deal’ for childcare SIPTU Thousands of Early Years educators, providers and parents will call for a ‘new deal’ for childcare at a protest march in Dublin, today (Wednesday, 5th February). The march will assemble at 11.30 a.m. in Parnell Square, Dublin 1.Dublin 1
- ‘Together for Early Years’ Protest march SIPTU Wednesday, 5th FebruaryAssemble at 11.30 a.m.Parnell Square,Dublin 1