Latest news from SIPTU
Oct 16 2018, 12:16 SIPTUThe SIPTU Public Administration and Community Division Biennial Delegate Conference was today (Tuesday, 16th October) told that creeping health service privatisation lay at the root of the Cervical Check scandal, by the union's Deputy General Secretary, Ethel Buckley.
- SIPTU Public Admin Conference told union to take lead in developing public services SIPTU SIPTU members must take the lead in developing public services but will continue to totally oppose their outsourcing to the private sector, SIPTU Deputy General Secretary, John King, told delegates attending the SIPTU Public Administration and Community Division Conference in Cork today.
- Budget 2019 fails to address childcare staffing crisis SIPTU SIPTU representatives have said that Budget 2019 has failed to address the deep staffing crisis in Early Years education.
- Budget fails to tackle housing, health and childcare crises SIPTU Responding to the details in Budget 2019, SIPTU economist, Marie Sherlock, described it as a scattergun approach designed to get over the hump of the next election.
- SIPTU condemns lack of firefighters in Dublin during Fire Safety Week SIPTU SIPTU members in Dublin Fire Brigade (DFB) have raised concerns about staffing levels which resulted in a serious deficit in services in several areas of the city yesterday (Friday, 5thOctober) during the Government's official Fire Safety Week.
- SIPTU and Clerys workers call for new owners to respect community benefits deal SIPTU The SIPTU Dublin District Council and the Justice for Clerys Workers Campaign have said that the reported new owners of the iconic department store must adhere to an agreement with the union, local community groups and city councillors concerning the development of the site.
- SIPTU Health conference delegates call for new public service talks before mid-2019 SIPTU Delegates at the SIPTU Health Biennial Conference have voted to endorse a motion calling on the National Executive Council of SIPTU to engage with the Public Services Committee of the ICTU with a view to exploring the possibility of bringing forward the date for the commencement of negotiations on …
- SIPTU calls for measures in Budget 2019 to end crisis in Early Years education SIPTU SIPTU Big Start Campaign activists launched their pre-budget statement which outlines measures to end the crisis in Early Years education at an event this morning (Thursday, 4th October) in the Childcare Centre, Ballybough, Dublin 3.
- SIPTU secures proposals for full pay restoration for Section 39 workers SIPTU SIPTU representatives yesterday, (Tuesday, 2nd October), secured a proposal that has the potential to end the Section 39 pay dispute. The move comes following protracted negotiations with officials from the Health Service Executive (HSE) and Department of Health under the auspices of the Workplace …