Latest news from SIPTU
Aug 13 2018, 12:16 SIPTUSIPTU representatives have called on the management of the Respond Housing Association to attend a meeting of the Workplace Relations Commission (WRC) to discuss proposed redundancies at the company.
- SIPTU call on Minister Harris to intervene in Section 39 pay dispute SIPTU SIPTU representatives have today (Friday, 10th August) called for a face-to-face meeting with Minister for Health, Simon Harris, to discuss breaking the deadlock concerning pay restoration for thousands of Section 39 Organisation workers providing vital health services.
- SIPTU secure proposal to end precarious work for home helps in the community sector SIPTU SIPTU representatives have today (Thursday, 9th August) confirmed that after negotiations with Health Service Executive (HSE) management a proposed agreement has been secured that could end precarious work practices for home help workers in the community sector.
- SIPTU Big Start Campaign calls for real investment in childcare SIPTU The SIPTU Big Start Campaign has called on the Government to invest in high quality, affordable childcare instead of endorsing the ill-conceived proposal for payments to grandparents from the Independent Alliance.
- SIPTU confirm Section 39 workers strike action after pay talks collapse SIPTU SIPTU representatives have today (Wednesday, 25th July) confirmed that talks to avert strike action across Section 39 organisations have collapsed following negotiations in the Workplace Relations Commission.
- SIPTU representatives warn NUIG discrimination court cases are just the tip of the iceberg SIPTU SIPTU representatives have today (Wednesday, 25th July) warned that the four academics who reached a settlement in the High Court represent the tip of the iceberg regarding gender discrimination at National University of Ireland Galway (NUIG).
- Markievicz/Partridge seminar set for Lissadell House this weekend SIPTU This weekend (Friday 27th, July and Saturday, 28th July) the SIPTU Sligo, Leitrim and Roscommon (SLR) District Council are set to mark the centenary of women's suffrage at the 2nd Annual Markievicz/Partridge seminar in Lissadell House, county Sligo.
- Workers show non-compliant building subcontractors the 'Red Card' in Dublin SIPTU Workers and trade union organisers assembled outside a building site, on Hanover Quay, Dublin 2, this morning (Friday, 30th July) to highlight reports of subcontractors failing to comply with legally binding terms and conditions for employees in the industry.
- SIPTU welcomes payment of outstanding wages to Bray Wanderers FC players SIPTU SIPTU representatives have welcomed the confirmation that outstanding wages and arrears due to the players of Bray Wanderers FC are being processed this evening (Thursday, 19th July).