Latest news from NUJ
May 22 2019, 13:27 NUJThe DWP campaign includes unbranded wraparound advertorials and features that promote Universal Credit
- Gannett warning to police about the NUJ ends in friendly chat NUJ Chris Morley, the NUJ's Newsquest coordinator, received an email out of the blue to his personal email address from a local police chief
- Union hails Newsquest's "incredibly talented & dedicated reporters" at Gannett AGM NUJ Union representatives address the company's shareholders, executives and employees
- NUJ response to Saoradh statement NUJ The union has responded to a statement issued by Saoradh, following the presence of media representatives observing a police raid in Derry.
- Survey shows "shocking" levels of sexual harassment of LGBT people at work NUJ Around seven out of ten LGBT workers experienced at least one type of sexual harassment at work and almost one in eight LGBT women reported being seriously sexually assaulted or raped at work, a TUC survey has revealed.
- NUJ speaks up for Newsquest journalists at Gannett AGM NUJ At the annual meeting the union will highlight the plight of Newsquest staff
- Union calls on members to use safety legislation to tackle mental health issues NUJ The NUJ says Mental Health Awareness Week is a good opportunity to work with employers to identify factors which lead to stress in the workplace.
- Are You Being Served? You and Your Union NUJ The NUJ is your union. We want to know how you feel about the union, about the way we do our business and how we can improve to meet the needs of members in an ever-changing media landscape.
- Tribute to former Shields Gazette reporter and Fleet Street pioneer Peggie Robinson NUJ Tributes have been paid to a reporter of ‘indomitable spirit’ who started her career on the Shields Gazette before moving on to Fleet Street.