Latest news from NUJ
Mar 20 2019, 15:18 NUJJournalists met by supporters as they challenge the police search warrants and redactions made to warrant applications
- European parliament votes to stop harassment of BBC Persian journalists & their families NUJ The European Parliament has voted overwhelmingly in favour of a resolution criticising Iran’s treatment of journalists
- UN Special Rapporteur on Iran 'deplores' persecution of BBC Persian staff & families NUJ Professor Rehman raised concerns about the ongoing, collective criminal investigation and asset-freeze affecting BBC journalists in London and their families in Iran
- Opposition to far-right threats & attempts to silence the media NUJ Journalists are deeply concerned by far right attempts to silence the media
- Join solidarity protest for NUJ members Barry McCaffrey & Trevor Birney NUJ Join the NUJ and Amnesty International outside the Royal Courts of Justice in Belfast on Wednesday 20 March
- BBC investigated over discrimination by equal pay watchdog NUJ The Equality and Human Rights Commission’s suspicion that some women at the BBC have not received equal pay is, in the NUJ’s view, a fact, says Michelle Stanistreet.
- Obituary: Belfast Telegraph's Tom Carson NUJ The features editor of the Belfast Telegraph during the worst of the Troubles who ‘shone a light in dark times’ dies at 91.
- #TUCWomen 2019: Sisters in Solidarity NUJ The NUJ’s proposal seeking to redress the gender imbalance in photography and videography was unanimously carried.
- No Stone Unturned - defend press freedom - write to your MP NUJ NUJ urges reps and members to contact their local MP and ask for support for the No Stone Unturned press freedom campaign