Latest news from NUJ
Apr 01 2020, 14:20 NUJThe union is urging the Scottish Parliament to consider the Freedom of Information implications in the Coronavirus (Scotland) Bill being pushed through the Scottish Parliament today.
- JPIMedia NUJ The union is asking JPIMedia NUJ members to contact their local reps re the company's announcement regarding the government's job retention scheme and proposed pay reductions.
- Keep in touch with the union NUJ Make sure the union has up-to-date contact details for you, so we can send information and your chapel officers can inform you in confidence about developments in the company.
- Claiming a grant under the coronavirus UK Self-employment Income Support Scheme NUJ HW Fisher tax experts assess the scheme for Covid-19 assistance for the self-employed and offer helpline for freelance members.
- NUJ defends coronavirus whistle-blowers & journalistic sources NUJ Brave healthcare workers should not be threatened with disciplinary action if they speak to journalists
- Happy birthday Lyra NUJ Today would have been Lyra McKee’s 30th birthday. Her sister Nichola is inviting family and friends to mark today by joining in a virtual birthday on social media in commemoration at 6.12pm.
- NUJ members covering crisis should carry press card NUJ Following constructive talks with the NUJ and the National Police Chiefs Council, the council has produced guidance on working with journalists during the Covid-19 outbreak.
- Freelance package offers hope, but also problems NUJ The NUJ has welcomed the Chancellor’s new scheme for freelances affected by the Covid-19 pandemic, but said it doesn’t go far enough.
- New scheme will aid Irish members NUJ The NUJ has welcomed new measures announced by the Irish government, including wage subsidies for employees in businesses that have been hit by the coronavirus.