Latest news from NUJ
Jul 19 2018, 10:04 NUJThe judgement has serious implications for media freedom in the coverage of criminal cases and an appeal warrants broader support from the industry which will be affected by this verdict.
- #SomosTélam: support the Argentinian news agency workers’ fight for jobs NUJ The NUJ is joining the International Federation of Journalists' campaign to support the 350 journalists sacked at Télam in an attempt by the government to control the editorial content of the agency.
- Buzzfeed staff vote against representation by NUJ for collective bargaining NUJ Chapel said: "BuzzFeed has poured considerable resources into challenging our bid for recognition."
- Drastic cuts to the BBC's political coverage "a disservice to viewers" NUJ NUJ says it will fight any compulsory redundancies and said the cuts to Parliamentary programming made no sense in the context of Brexit and the current political landscape.
- Newsquest asked to come clean on plans to shift Barrow Mail staff 30 miles away in Kendal NUJ Chapel says the paper is already criticised for not having enough local news.
- NUJ welcomes code of behaviour for Parliament NUJ But said unions are needed to negotiate proper employment practices in Westminster.
- Newcastle branch's banner was lofted high at the Durham Miners' Gala NUJ NUJ members ensured the union’s name was prominent at the North East’s biggest celebration of trade unionism this weekend.
- Information for the press covering the anti-Trump and Tommy Robinson demonstrations on Saturday 14 July NUJ The NUJ has issued emergency legal contacts for press covering the anti-Trump and Tommy Robinson demonstrations.
- NUJ responds to BBC annual report following a tumultuous year NUJ The union warns redundancies are looming following a stressful and demoralising year for women pushing for equal pay and real culture change at the corporation.