Latest news from NUJ
Feb 15 2021, 12:05 NUJThe NUJ’s membership system and parts of the website will not be accessible during this week whilst some scheduled improvements and upgrades takes place.
- NUJ condemns graffiti of journalists' name with crosshairs in Belfast NUJ Graffiti across East Belfast this week threatens Sunday World journalist
- NUJ welcomes government's decision to drop exit payment cap NUJ The union is part of a challenge to the public sector £95,000 cap, which compromised equal pay settlements and undermined collective pay and conditions terms.
- NUJ condemns China's ban of BBC World News NUJ Union calls for international community to condemn the move and support the BBC
- Scottish and Welsh governments announce new funding for freelances NUJ The NUJ has urged the UK Chancellor to announce the details of the fourth grant for the self-employed now and not as part of his March budget
- Media Commission to hear NUJ call for recovery plan NUJ The Irish government’s Commission on the Future of Media will consider the NUJ's proposals for media recovery and reform in support of public interest journalism.
- NUJ says government cheerleaders should stop petty, personalised attacks on journalists NUJ The union has responded to a further attack on HuffPost reporter Nadine White, this time by Conservative MP Neil O'Brien.
- NUJ joins calls for action on gender pay gap reporting NUJ The NUJ has backed the TUC’s call – alongside MPs, equality campaigners and industry leaders – for urgent action to prevent the UK’s gender pay gap reporting being shelved for a second year.
- BBC journalist threatened for working on documentary about Ireland’s mob leader NUJ IFJ extend their support and solidarity to BBC journalist threatened