Latest news from NUJ
Nov 12 2018, 14:38 NUJYoung professionals and students with aspirations of enjoying careers in book publishing were the latest targets of the NUJ’s recruitment drive.
- Journalists vote for action at Newsquest Carlisle NUJ Carlisle chapel of Newsquest Cumbria call on the company to come back to the negotiating table
- NUJ commission: guidelines on reporting Islamophobia NUJ The NUJ and the Scottish Parliament's cross-party group on tackling Islamophobia are commissioning guidelines for journalists on how best to report on Muslim issues.
- Ombudsman denial sparks demand for lifting of prosecution threat against journalists NUJ NUJ's Irish Secretary says new evidence shows the arrests of Barry McCaffrey and Trevor Birney were based on a false claim.
- NUJ condemns Trump's boorish and chilling behaviour NUJ Michelle Stanistreet sent a message of solidarity to CNN's Jim Acosta after he was banned from White House press conferences.
- NUJ holds candle-lit vigils for Jamal Khashoggi NUJ The vigils marked the Saudi columnist's contribution to journalism and protest against the killings of media workers across the globe.
- Turn sadness of Jamal's death into outrage against attacks against all journalists NUJ Michelle Stanistreet said the death of the Saudi columnist must be used to force governments to end impunity and back an UN convention for the protection of journalists.
- Cultural changes needed at BBC to ensure equal pay and to solve staff grievances, says NUJ NUJ MPs report says lack of transparency over pay had been “unlawful and discriminatory” and cuts at the corporation could compromise quality.
- End impunity for the killing of journalists NUJ Ask your MP to support the draft UN Convention and attend the NUJ vigils in London and Dublin.