Mar 21 2019, 16:43 SIPTUOver 100 Community Employment (CE)supervisors discussed an escalation in their industrial action aimed at forcing the Government to implement a Labour Court recommendation regarding their right to a pension, at a meeting in the Midlands Hotel in Portlaoise, County Laois, today (Thursday, 21st March).
- Fórsa backs third level funding protest FORSA Fórsa has backed today’s student-led demonstrations against insufficient higher education funding. The protests, which are taking place at college campuses around the country, are demanding that the Government closes the deficit caused by several years of underinvestment in the …
- SURVEY OF EDUCATION WORKERS REVEALS SCALE OF VIOLENCE INSIDE SCHOOLS NICICTU The NIC-ICTU Education Trade Union Group today (Thursday 21 March 2019) release the findings of a major survey of teachers and support staff from nine* education unions affiliated to the ICTU. This survey was carried out by the nine trade unions …
- Dr.Laura Bambrick Congress Social Policy Officer on Ireland's changing fertility rate ICTU https://soundcloud.com/irishcongress/laura-bambrick-drivetime-march-11th-2019
- Solidarity protest outside Belfast court for No Stone Unturned journalists NUJ Journalists met by supporters as they challenge the police search warrants and redactions made to warrant applications
- SIPTU says University Hospital Limerick ward closure is in breach of PSSA SIPTU SIPTU representatives have informed management that its proposal to close a ward in University Hospital Limerick, without consultation with unions, will constitute a breach of the terms of the Public Service Stability Agreement (PSSA).
- SIPTU members support #FundTheFuture protest tomorrow SIPTU SIPTU representatives have confirmed that members working in the Education Sector will be supporting the #FundTheFuture protest tomorrow (Thursday, 21st March), in higher education campuses across the country.
- Laura Bambrick , Social Policy Officer ICTU on RTE's Drivetime - Ireland's changing fertility rate ICTU file:///C:/Users/conork/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.Outlook/2LYXOY7F/Laura%20Bambrick%20Drivetime%20March%2011th%202019.mp2'.
- ITF calls for immediate action to assist Indonesian fishers stranded in Dingle SIPTU The ITF has called for the immediate payment of all monies due to them and assistance to return home for a group of Indonesian fishers who have been stranded in Dingle, County Kerry, since Monday, 11th March, when they left their vessel due to unbearable working conditions.