Nov 13 2018, 16:24 SIPTUSIPTU representatives have welcomed an announcement today (Tuesday, 13th November) from Bausch and Lomb of significant investment and the expansion to its Waterford facility with 100 additional jobs set to be created.
- IAC: Company reveals union-busting agenda, says Unite UNITE IAC out of step with archaeological community in Ireland November 13th: Unite, which organises commercial archaeologists in Ireland, today accused the Irish Archaeological Consultancy of what it termed a “union-busting agenda”. Unite is in dispute with IAC on foot of …
- Public transport remains the safest mode of transport for female passengers, but this needs to be true for workers as well UNITE Translink management must adopt a no tolerance approach to better support staff attacked in the workplace Figures confirm Translink employees continue to be on the receiving end of verbal and physical assaults November 12th: Davy Thompson, Unite Regional Coordinating Officer …
- Up to eighty redundancies expected at Camden Group in Antrim UNITE In absence of trade union recognition, workers being made redundant are receiving statutory redundancy payments only Individual members of union encouraged to contact Unite officials to secure their rights, non-union workers should join Unite to protect themselves going forward November …
- Higher Education Gender Report moves in right direction, says IFUT IFUT
- Young publishers get introduction to the NUJ NUJ Young professionals and students with aspirations of enjoying careers in book publishing were the latest targets of the NUJ’s recruitment drive.
- SIPTU gives cautious welcome to Gender Action Plan for Higher Education SIPTU SIPTU divisional organiser, Adrian Kane, has given a cautious welcome to the recommendations contained in the Gender Action Plan 2018-2020. Under the plan, up to 30 women-only professorships will be created in third level institutions over the next three years, among other proposals.
- Journalists vote for action at Newsquest Carlisle NUJ Carlisle chapel of Newsquest Cumbria call on the company to come back to the negotiating table
- InTouch Election Special lands in schools this week INTO INTO has produced an InTouch Election special featuring information on all three candidates for General Secretary. Featuring key information on the election process, a live debate taking place at this year's Education Conference and much more.