Congress and Bord na Móna Unions Hold Discussions with Minister for Climate Action on Just Transition
Sep 19 2019, 15:13 ICTUCongress and Bord na Móna Unions Hold Discussions with Minister for Climate Action on Just Transition The Irish Congress of Trade Unions and a delegation of Bord na Móna union representatives met today (Sept 19) with the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Energy, Richard Bruton TD, to discuss proposals focused on securing workers livelihoods and the future of Midlands communities, in the context of delivering a Just Transition to a low carbon economy. Speaking after the …
- SIPTU supports employee loan initiative to provide financial support for meat workers SIPTU SIPTU representatives have expressed their support for an employee loan scheme, initiated today (Thursday, 19thSeptember) by some of the beef processing companies to alleviate the financial hardship faced by workers during the ongoing Beef Crisis.
- The Irish Congress of Trade Unionsamong 12 leaders chosen to drive forward Sustainable Development Goals. ICTU The Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment Richard Bruton T.D. has appointed 12 chosen champions, organisations including ICTU, who are leading by example in achieving17 Sustainable Development Goals. He made the announcementatthe Ploughing Championships in Fenagh, Co. Carlow. …
- PDFORRA application for affiliation to ICTU ICTU The Executive Council of Congress meeting today has agreed in principle the application by PDFORRA for affiliation as an associate member of ICTU. General Secretary Patricia King said "further discussions are now necessary to bring thematter to a conclusion".
- Acquittal of Turkish Academics is a Victory for Academic Freedom and International Solidarity IFUT
- SIPTU Health members overwhelmingly endorse Labour Court recommendations on job evaluation scheme SIPTU SIPTU members working as health service support staff have voted by 95.65% to 4.35% in favour of a Labour Court recommendation aimed at resolving a dispute over a HSE job evaluation scheme.
- School secretaries prepare for action as meeting ends without agreement FORSA A meeting between Fórsa and education department officials, about the issues behind industrial action by school secretaries, concluded this morning (Wednesday) without agreement. The union said there was no breakthrough on any of the issues and industrial action by school secretaries is now …
- NUJ condemns Paisley attack on political editor NUJ Ian Paisley’s attack on Sam McBride was unwarranted and unworthy of an MP and references to the journalists' family, religion and education are inappropriate
- SIPTU calls for financial support from government for laid off meat workers SIPTU SIPTU has called on the Government to provide financial support for the thousands of workers who have been laid-off because of meat processing plant closures due to the ongoing dispute in that industry.