Pension Reform Plan 'potentially significant'; Congress commits to engaging in detailed consultation on implementation
Feb 28 2018, 12:06 ICTUThe Irish Congress of Trade Unions has described the publication by government today (Feb 28) of the Roadmap for Pensions Reform as “potentially significant in the development of future pension policies.” Congress General Secretary Patricia King said that “the plan to move to a Total Contribution Approach will go some way towards addressing the inequality of the current eligibility criteria for the state pension." In addition, she noted that the proposal to introduce a second …
Ireland view all »
- Workers show non-compliant building subcontractors the 'Red Card' in Dublin SIPTU Workers and trade union organisers assembled outside a building site, on Hanover Quay, Dublin 2, this morning (Friday, 30th July) to highlight reports of subcontractors failing to comply with legally binding terms and conditions for employees in the industry.
- SIPTU welcomes payment of outstanding wages to Bray Wanderers FC players SIPTU SIPTU representatives have welcomed the confirmation that outstanding wages and arrears due to the players of Bray Wanderers FC are being processed this evening (Thursday, 19th July).
- National Minimum Wage continues to chase the Living Wage as the economy roars - Congress SIPTU Today, the Low Pay Commission recommended to the Government that the hourly rate of the National Minimum Wage be increased by 0.25c, from €9.55 to €9.80 per hour. Workers on a 39-hours contract would see their gross wage increase by €9.75 a week under this proposal.
- SIPTU meets Liebherr management in relation to proposed three-day week SIPTU SIPTU representatives are in negotiations with the management of Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd concerning a proposal to place workers on a three-day working week and the suspension of the sick pay scheme at its manufacturing plant in Killarney, county Kerry.
International view all »
- ETUC on 2018 European Semester Spring Package ETUC 23.05.2018 Commenting on the European Commission’s European Semester 2018 Spring package – and the Country Specific Recommendations – Katja Lehto Komulainen, Deputy General Secretary of the European Trade Union Confederation (ETUC) said: “The European Commission is clearly …
- ETUC letter on the proposal for a directive on the company law package to Commissioner Thyssen ETUC In an open letter on the recently presented proposal for a directive on the company law package to Commissioner Marianne Thyssen the ETUC is asking the safeguarding workers rights on information, consultation and participation. "The Commission has to deliver for companies and workers alike" says …