Trade unions come together to launch Shipbuilding Charter in Belfast with aim of securing a future for shipyard jobs and skills
Oct 04 2018, 15:21 UNITEAfter tour of the shipyard, a high level delegation including Gavin Robinson MP, Manufacturing NI and senior trade union figures from Northern Ireland and Britain will then launch the Shipbuilding Charter at the Connor Room, Belfast City Hall tomorrow at …
Ireland view all »
- Dublin Pride Parade 2019 TUI The Teachers' Union of Ireland (TUI) will be participating in the Dublin Pride Parade, this Saturday, 29th June.
- Guarantees sought from Bombardier for its CRJ workforce in Northern Ireland after Mitsubishi sale announcement UNITE Workforce will be angered that sale was announced without any recourse to trade unions or even management in Belfast Sale opens door to new markets for Mitsubishi but raises concerns for long-term security of approximately 350 jobs Susan Fitzgerald, Unite … Continue reading →
- AsIAm's National Autism Conference - 20th/21st September, Grand Hotel, Malahide TUI AsIAm's National Autism Conference takes place on 20th and 21st September in the Grand Hotel, Malahide.
- Planned health strike to go ahead this Wednesday SIPTU SIPTU representatives have confirmed today (Monday, 24th June) that talks at the Workplace Relations Commission (WRC) aimed at resolving a dispute on job evaluation have concluded without an agreement.
International view all »
- #TimeFor8 as unions support Sustainable Development Goals push at UN ITUC Four years on from the historic signing of the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the focus is turning to Goal 8 and decent work. Last week's adoption of the ILO Centenary Declaration for the Future of Work is a renewal of the social contract, giving strong impetus to SDG 8 as …
- A trade union focus on the SDGs – Central African Republic ITUC The Central African Republic is the country with the lowest human development index in the world and faces enormous challenges on its way to achieving the SDGs. Trade unions pull the alarm bell as the government monopolises the drafting and steering of the national development plans without proper …